Blogger Widgets

Wednesday 16 May 2012

REVIEW: PERFECT FOR DRYING OUT ACNE: PANOXYL 10% ACNE GEL

Anyone who suffers from acne knows how much of a constant pain it is. There are so many products out there, a lot of which just don't work. With acne, you want something that works fast that gets rids of spots the minute they start to come up, and I've found the perfect product!

First of all, you need to make sure you're on some medication for the acne, because it needs to be treated from within. However, whilst your on medication, it can take months to even make a tiny difference, so you still need to be battling those spots on a daily basis.

I discovered PanOxyl Acne Gel on Amazon one day when I
typed in 'acne' and this was one of the top results. I did a little research, and decided to purchase this gel to give it a try. It was cheap, and with the postage and packaging, it only came to about £4 in total.

PanOxyl Gel is a Benzoyl Peroxide base gel, and Benzoyl Peroxide is a strong ingredient that is in most high-street acne products. However, the difference with this is that it is a strong concentrated dose, so it works on a more powerful scale.

This cream seriously is great. I'm currently on Accutane medication, but I still get the spots coming through, so I need to get rid of them. I used this product for about 2 months daily before running out (I need to order some more!). This product works by drying out the pores in your skin, drying out the spot and making it disappear much faster. It's also good if you have over oily skin, because it will dry that out.


Be warned, this gel is strong, but it does work. It says you should use it twice a day, but I felt like that was too much for my skin to even think about. I use it at night, about an hour before bed (so it's dry, because the peroxide will dye fabrics white), and then wash it off in the morning.

Make sure you use a good oil-free moisturiser regularly to combat dryness.

When I first started using this gel, it made my face really red and dried it out so much, but trust me, if you stick with it, after 2 months, your skin will go back to normal and the gel won't burn as much.

With PanOxyl, I can get rid of a spot in just days. It's shrinks right down and then fades away so much quicker than with any other product. I've been proscribed things from my Dermatologist before, but nothing has worked as well as this.

If you're seriously about getting rid of your acne, get an appointment with a Dermatologist, get a dedicated skincare routine and use this gel. You'll be well on your way to healthier skin in months.

Have you used this product? Let me know what you think in the comments below.