Blogger Widgets

Friday 18 May 2012

CELEB SPOTLIGHT: NICKI MINAJ'S BEST AND WORST WIGS!

Following on from Gaga's best and worst hair looks, It's time to wig out with the queen of wigs and weaves, and that is Nicki Minaj. In fact, I don't think I've seen her real hair for years now, she wears that many wigs.

Some of them are genuis, some of them are crazy and some of them make me doubt her 'style icon' status.

However, all of them are brave and very Minaj! In this article I'm going to guide you through her wigs and tell you which ones we love and which ones we loath.

Let's get started!





















Let's start with Nicki's most recent hairdo. Since her new album dropped (and a lil' bit before), Nicki has been rocking the natural looking blonde lace front wig. I like it. Coming off her face, it kind of gives her a more human and natural look, unlike her crazier wigs. One little down side is that you can really see the lace from the wig up close.





















Oh dear Nicki. This bride of Frankenstein Barbie look never did anything for me. It looked like 2 crazy ugly wigs have been stitched together. Around the face, it's a bizarre pixie crop (which doesn't suit Nicki at all, because she should be a long haired girl) and then on top in this neat candy-floss-esque beehive. Definitely not one of my favourites.





















He got that Super Bass! I love this wig! It's fun and cute and suits Nicki and the video perfectly. The half blonde, half baby pink works really well together and gives Nicki a youthful and playful look. I'm not too keen on the back though. Why is it cut into a bob? This wig should be LONG LONG LONG all the way around. Oh well, we only see the front in the video, so I'm going to pretend.





















Oh dear. It's the typical Nicki wig shape, with the long sides, short back and bouncy full fringe, but what's with those spots? I think it's meant to be a blonde, green and blue leopard, but it looks far from cute. It looks looks messy and blotchy and a really unflattering colour. Not good.





















This is a hair style we did not see enough of Nicki! It's vibrant orange, and short and bouncy and works brilliantly. It reminds me female hip hop groups from the mid-90s, and it's so fun and interesting to look at. I love this carrot orange on Nicki and it's something I wish she would do more of! It reminds me on Irn Bru.





















I like Pixie crops, and I like pink hair, but I don't like them together on Nicki. Thankfully, she's only really done this hair once, and that was in the music video for Fly. It just doesn't scream NICKI MINAJ to me. It's too cutesy, too safe, and TOO SHORT!





















I'm just gonna say in, I love Nicki Minaj in a green wig. It works for her so much. When she couples blonde and green in a long bob I'm in love, and when she has masses of long messy green hair, I'm in love again. I love it, and with green, for me, so can do no wrong. She keeps revisiting Green, and has sported in numerous videos (Massive Attack, Super Bass, Beez In The Trap, Starships), so I hope we'll see much more of this in the future.



I'm sure Nickiwent through a phase of taking cheap taking pixie crop wigs and slapping a bizarre curly thing on top. Why? It doesn't look nice, it doesn't look well done and it doesn't suit you. The pixie crop frames your face in a strange way, then the random hair on top look like you're wearing a fluffy hat or something. I'm glad she hasn't done this for a while.





















Oh how I wish Nicki would do red hair. The only time I've seen her with red hair is during a photoshoot and it looked amazing. I guess after Rihanna did red hair, nobody can really do red hair without being compared to her (you don't even have to be famous to be compared to Rihanna if you have red hair).

So those are my favourite and least favourite Nicki Minaj wigs! Of course, there are many more I like, such as the long and straight black/blonde/pink/teal wigs and many more, but this article would be bigger than Mianj's ass if I included them all.

What's your favourite and least favourite?