Blogger Widgets

Tuesday 7 February 2012

REVIEW: IS CETAPHIL THE MIRACLE ACNE MOISTURISER?

For people with acne prone skin, finding the perfect moisturiser is one of the hardest things. So many moisturisers aren't good for our skin, because they contain perfumes, harsh chemicals and colours.

There was a lot of hype around Cetaphil online, with people saying it was the perfect thing for people with sensitive, dry and acne prone skin because it was free from perfume and claimed to rehydrate dry, damaged and sensitive skin.

Even my Doctor recommended it, and had a little stand with leaflets from all the products in his office.

So when I saw it sitting on a shelf in ASDA for around £4, I jumped at the chance to try it.

Having acne prone, combination skin, I thought this product would be perfect for me, but I felt a little bit let down. The moisturising lotion claims to "bind water to the skin" and "prevent moister loss", but I could never tell if it did this because it felt so heavy on my skin. I used the Cetaphil for over 2 months and it did smooth out a lot of dryness and flakiness on my skin, but it's not good for an everyday moisturiser, which is what it claims to be.





















The constancy of the cream is very thick, and when I applied it to my skin it never seemed to absorb like other moisturisers I've tried. It just seemed to cling to the outer layer of my skin (even if I used the smallest amount). It made my face look oily, greasy and shiny and it made it feel suffocated. I'm currently using it for a tattoo I got 3 weeks ago, and it seems to be stopping that drying out, and absorbs better on my arm where the tattoo is.

I've read a lot of reviews online of Cetaphil from people saying that it did tackle dryness, but it made their skin feel the same as mine did. It also doesn't cure acne, but it didn't seem to make it worse which is always a bonus.

After trying this, it doesn't make me want to try other Cetaphil products, and at £4, I think I'll just stick to my cheaper moisturisers that do a better job. Everyone's skin is different though, and I know some people that this works perfectly for, unluckily I'm not one of them.

4/10


If you enjoyed this article, give it a thumbs up, comment and tweet about it?